2016 - Present days
2004 - 2015
- Management of the merger between Tele-Rilevamento Europa T.R.E. (Italian and Canadian headquarters) and Altamira Information (Spain), to create the largest InSAR service provider in the world, under the CLS group. The new company, TRE ALTAMIRA, will employee roughly 90 people with revenues for 10 million Euros per year.
- Management of projects focused on business development, adoption of new technologies, delivery innovation to standard operations, implementation of new products, and implementation of new infrastructures. Management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams up to 30 people.
- Analysis and implementation of processes in TRE ALTAMIRA quality management system.
- Project management coaching and support (courses and direct consultation).
- Issue of responses to invitations to tender for research projects by European Commission (EC) European Space Agency (ESA) and Italian Space Agency (ASI). Responsible for proposals worth 1.500.000 Euros.
2004 - 2015
- Implementation of an internal project management methodology based on the PMI-PMP framework, still adopted these days in TRE ALTAMIRA to manage innovation projects.
- Drafting and editing of project mandates, project charters, and business cases in line with business objectives.
- Engineering and release to production of 2 new lines of products, based on mathematical and statistical analysis of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data.
- Management of more than 60 software projects, aimed at the introduction of new algorithms and features in High-Performance Computing (HPC) software. The software had to be deployed on a Linux, multi-processor cluster, running 24/7 elaborations.
- Conduction of research activities on the propagation of the SAR signal through the troposphere.
- Ideation, analysis, implementation and optimization of mathematical and statistical algorithms for SAR data processing.
- Ideation of a new algorithmic approach to remove atmosphere-induced noise from SAR data.
- Ideation and engineering of a series of software tools, to monitor and control the quality of products, recommending courses of action.
- Analysis and investigation of data science algorithms.
- Exploration and evaluation of new technologies before their release to production.