2015 - Present days
2004 - 2015
- Management of the merger between Tele-Rilevamento Europa T.R.E. (Italian and Canadian headquarters) and Altamira Information (Spain), to create the largest InSAR service provider in the world, under the CLS group. The new company, TRE ALTAMIRA, will employee roughly 90 people with revenues for 10 million Euros per year.
- Analysis of processes and quality management system.
- Invitations to tender responses for research projects by European Commission (EC) European Space Agency (ESA) and Italian Space Agency (ASI).
- Achievement of the PMI-ACP certification.
2004 - 2015
- Management of projects focused on business development, adoption of new technologies, delivery innovation to standard operations, implementation of new products, and implementation of new infrastructures. Management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams up to 13 people.
- Management of more than 60 software projects, aimed at the introduction of new algorithms and features in High-Performance Computing (HPC) software. The software had to be deployed on a Linux, multi-processor cluster, running 24/7 elaborations.
- Engineering and release to production of 2 new lines of products, based on mathematical and statistical analysis of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data.
- Ideation and engineering of a series of software tools, to monitor and control the quality of products, recommending courses of action.
- Knowledge and mastering of project management frameworks (PMP, PMI-ACP) and methodologies (Prince2, Scrum). Achievement of the PMP certification in 2012 and of the Prince2 Practitioner certification in 2013. Plan to sustain the exam for the PMI-ACP certification in 2016.
- Implementation of project management methodologies.
- Project management coaching and support (courses and direct consultation).
- Drafting and editing of project mandates, project charters, and business cases in line with business objectives.
- Invitations to tender responses for research projects by European Space Agency (ESA) and Italian Space Agency (ASI).
- Editing, filing and sharing lessons learned.
- Analysis and investigation of data science algorithms.
- Exploration and evaluation of new technologies before their release to production.
- Ideation, analysis, implementation and optimization of mathematical and statistical algorithms for SAR data processing.
- Research activities on the propagation of the SAR signal through the troposphere. Obtained results have been presented at several international meetings.
- Ideation of a new algorithmic approach to remove atmosphere-induced noise from SAR data.